We live in an age that has been increasingly noted for "the rise of the nones" as more people abandon the church and say they have no denominational or church preference (along with growing pluralism among the religous). Many still recognize a spiritual component to being human and are seeking to fill it, whether with a meaningful sense of spirituality or through a personal God. We invite you to consider some of the materials offered in this section . . . a variety of websites, documents, and other resources to help you on that journey.
Several websites that may help:
- Who is Jesus . . . Really? —a short overview available in a number of languages.
- Need Him —“Every year thousands of people contact us to talk about Him. Phone calls, online chatting, and texting.”
- GodLife —A place to learn, explore and connect.
- Peace with God —A 4-step journey to peace.
We have also posted two basic documents:
- First Steps to God is a one-page outline developed by InterVarsity Christian Fellowship that appears in Speaking of Jesus by J. Mack Stiles.
- God's Good News is another one-page outline adapted from Becoming a Contagious Christian.
Two additional features may also be useful to you. Both contain links to dozens of Bible passages that relate to the topic and additional suggested material (books, media, links, etc.)
- Where to find help when you are..., under Find Help in this section, is a list of topics and Bible passages addressing a number of personal circumstances (afraid, angry, anxious, etc.)
- What the Bible says about..., a list of topics and Bible passages that goes beyond "where to find help." This covers a wide range of subjects (acceptance, church, courage, death, demons, drinking and drugs, etc.)